Moi blogs

Some really serious BLOGS,but yes they may get personal at times!

Name:
Location: India

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Kaleidoscope



I got down from the college bus...had come to the city to get print-outs.
'PANIPURI' i exclaimed. Its something i just can't resist! I was with megha,even she loves it.
We went near that panipuri stall...looked here & there...saw no one except a small kid of 10 or 11 ! He asked,"What do you want?" We knew this little kid would certainly not be running the stall so we hesitated,"Uh...umm...we want panipuri.Where is the stall owner?"He replied with great pride,"I'm the stall owner,it's my stall!"And we looked at each other in disbelief.I chuckled.
He gave us good service, yummy panipuri actually!He was quick...GOD!.. look at him ...so small...
yet so bustling!!!I was curious to know more about him...but megha(she's very talkative!)
popped up a question immediately,"Do you go to school?""Yes" ,he said with doubled pride! "I go in the morning & then after coming back i come here.""You run this stall all on your own?"
"Yeah! but my uncle(chacha) comes along too."Oh..ok",we were a bit relieved!
A group of four came & sat for bhel(another yummy snack!).His hands moved like a typists on a typewriter! He did everything 'fatafat'('quickly'in hindi).He was a truly adorable child(NO don't call him so..he's the MAN of the stall!).

Looking through this kaleidoscope , i first felt sad about the little kid working when these 're his days to play...live a carefree life.

Looking through it the second time, i felt proud of the child. He's studying, he's enjoying his work....yes..he's living his life to the fullest!!!

Look at me, at 20, still on my dad's money...no realization of the pains taken to earn a single penny! Learn from him!!!
(Remember ila this is a lesson!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Pranav said...

And how many Pani Puris did you eat finally?

It always feels good to see such kids. But the awkard moments arrive while travelling in train, when the same young kids go around almost begging. It's tough to resist the feeling of pity for them and the guilt bulding inside by looking at the crappy 10 bucsk choclate I am eating for taste, and then just blame everything on luck (which I guess is true) before going back to munching the stick in my hand.

And it was me commented on LJ. Looks like you did pay heed to my advice. :)

11:32 PM  
Blogger ILA JOHARI said...

thanx for your advice:)
you've not been blogging recently?

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ila has the zeal to know things and recieve advices....::::))

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home